Barton Gernander - Patrick Burns and Associates
Patrick Burns and Associates
8401 Wayzata Boulevard, Suite 300
Minneapolis, MN 55416
Patrick Burns and Associates
University of Minnesota
1993 - 1996
|Attorney / Director of Business Development, since 2009 |
|fax||(952) 564-6263 |
|[email protected] |
Barton C. Gernander practices in the areas of civil and commercial litigation, with a focus in construction and real estate issues.
In addition to representing business clients involved in standard and complex litigation in both state and federal courts, he serves emerging and mid-size companies in a general counsel capacity - assisting clients on achieving business solutions while minimizing exposure to liability.
Gernander is licensed to practice law in the state and federal courts in Minnesota, the United States Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals, and the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin.
He serves on the Minnesota State Bar Association Court Rules and Administration Committee, the Hennepin County Bar Fourth District Ethics Committee, and is also a member of the Federal Bar Association.
Gernander obtained his Juris Doctorate degree from the University of Minnesota Law School in Minneapolis, Minnesota. He obtained a Bachelors of Arts Degree in Philosophy, with Honors, from the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
In 2006, Gernander was named a "Rising Star"" in the legal profession by Minnesota Law & Politics.
- Areas of Practice:
- 25% Commercial Litigation
- 25% Construction & Mechanic's Liens
- 25% Business and Corporate
- 25% Other
- Bar Admissions:
- Minnesota, 1996
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 1998
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit, 1999
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2009
- University of Minnesota Law School, Minneapolis, Minnesota, 1996
- University of Pennsylvania, 1992
Bachelor of Arts
Honors: With Honors
- Representative Cases:
- Milsap vs. Special School Dist. No. 1, 1999 WL 391859 (Minn. Ct. of Appeals 1999)
- Grudnoske vs. Determan Welding, 1999 WL 690194 (Minn. Ct. of Appeals 1999)
- Equus Computer Systems, Inc. vs. Northern Comp. Systems, Inc., 2001 WL 1636487 (U.S. District Court, Dist. of Minnesota 2001)
- Anderson vs. Spreiter, et al., 2008 WL 4287386 (U.S. District Court, Dist. of Minnesota 2008)
- Maxwell vs. Winge Construction Services, Inc., 2009 WL 1751556 (Minn. Ct. of Appeals 2009)
- Representative Clients:
- Businesses and Business Owners
- Contractors and Construction Companies
- Classes/Seminars Taught:
- Construction Lien Law, Lorman Business Center, Inc., May 6, 2009
- Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Minnesota State Bar Association Court Rules and Administration Committee, 2007 - present
- Fourth District (Hennepin County) Ethics Committee, 2006 - Present
- American Collectors Association - Member Attorney Program
- Minnesota Asphalt Pavement Association
- Past Employment Positions:
- Hellmuth & Johnson, PLLC, Partner, 2005 - 2009
View On Google Maps